Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chevrons and Flowers


I am officially on vacation and while I have a paper to write for school, I had to take time out for some creativity.

Over at CAS-ual Fridays, they are having a challenge  using of all things chevrons and flowers together.


I had some fun with this one. This is actually my second card I made. I am trying to decide if I want to enter the first.

I am also entering at a new challenge site that I discovered Fusion Card Challenge, where the challenge was to fuse a sketch and a photo. Very cool idea!!


I created a green (my favorite color) ombre effect with my copic markers and then die cut my chevrons.  I popped the chevrons up and added some flowers from Hero Arts  and Papertrey Ink. finished with the proverbial gems and there ya have it.

Thanks CAS-ual Friday and Fusion! I would never thought of this card without your prodding.

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card and those flowers are just gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us for the first Fusion Hypothesis!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous flowers & love your chevron background!
So glad you joined in the fun for the first FUSION hypothesis :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

I'm loving the green Copic marker background! So glad you joined us for our very first Fusion challenge!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love this! Awesome work and happy vacation!

Thanks for joining us at Fusion!!!

Deb said...

Gorgeous colors, flower, chevrons...everything!!! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the way the green chevrons compliment the flowers.