Saturday, May 11, 2013

With Sympathy

Sympathy cards are always hard to create. I have found the more simple the better. The father of one of my husband's friends recently died. Using several challenges as inspiration I came up with this card. The idea of not using your common white, cream, black or kraft paper as the basis of the card was the challenge at Less is More was perfect for this sympathy card. Over at Just Us Girls we were asked to just use a white medium as the focus. Using my fav Paper Smooches set Reflections, I stamped the flowers in white and added a saying from an unknown StampinUp set. To create some interest i added a few white pearls. This card feels so soothing to me and I hope it will to the wife.


I also went all out and did the inside of the card. The challenge at My Time to Craft was the inside of a card. Normally this is something I never do, so this was a challenge. I thought creating the negative of the outside of the card would work perfectly. What do you think?

Don't you just love when all the stars align and come up with a great idea! I can see me trying this idea with our colored card basis and stamps.



14 comments:

Margaret said...

Lovely card Sue
Margaret x

Jenny said...

So pretty and a lovely colour combination too.. gently calming for a sympathy card :0)
Jenny x

Susan said...

Very lovely color combo...and the card base color isn't one I'd think of for a sympathy card...but this worked out beautifully!

bevyb said...

SueT
That is always my biggest challenge too to come up with a sympathy card. Yours is perfect. Like the color you picked for the card base along with the simple design

Cathy said...

This is so lovely Sue, the colours are very soothing and the sentiment is beautiful.

Fat Dormouse said...

I think you have met all your challenges in a beautiful card. Well done!

Dormouse
atemporaryview.wordpress.com

Lisa Kind said...

The stars were definitely aligned for you on this card! I love it! The base color of the card with that pretty border image is beautiful! And I love that the inside is the opposite of the outside! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Suze Bain said...

A lovely card, fabulous stamping! xx

Chrissie said...

This looks gorgeous Sue, I love the effect of the white on the darker cardstock!
I'm sorry I'm a bit slow getting around to commenting this week but I've been on grandchildren duty since last Thursday!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Viv said...

Such a lovely card Sue, beautiful colour and stamping too :) Viv xx

Nancy said...

Grat job with our challenge over at Just Us Girls this week! The color is wonderful with a lovely sentiment!

Kim. said...

Oh wow this is a fantastic sympathy card, love the simplicity and elegance of it. Thanks for sharing with us at My Time To Craft.
Kim xXx

Marisa said...

Beautiful one layer CAS card!! Love the white flowers!! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

Sue,
Love the Birthday card! It is sooooooo beautiful and pink, we all know how I feel about pink. Thank you for remembering that it is my birthday at the end of the month. I also loved the wedding card. It is fabulous!


Margarita