Sunday, July 14, 2013

Blow out those candles



I have become obsessed, every time I sit down at my desk, I pull out the same 3-4 colors. These aren't even my colors normally, I mean I love greens, but this yellow, orange and turquoise with a splash of grey throw in there at times have become my go to colors. Green- bah.... So when I went to make a card based on this sketch for CAS(E) this Sketch, naturally these were the colors I pulled.




Don't they look like a summer birthday party?!!? I took some liberties with the sketch and flipped it on its side. Otherwise the banner would have been hanging off the side like toilet paper caught on someone's shoe. 

I used a mix of old and new stamps. New is the Kelly Purkey set- Make a Wish and the oldie but goody is from Hero Arts- Cupcakes. I was happy to see it still for sale. A bit of glitter added to the flames and sprinkles finished this fun summer birthday card.

I am also entering this at the Anything Goes challenge at Seize the Birthday.

Enjoy your weekend!




7 comments:

Linda said...

Cute card. Like your colors.

~amy~ said...

Love the row of candles and the added cupcake! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Yummmmmy candles are super!

donna mikasa said...

Love the row of candles--such a fun take on the sketch!

Lesley said...

Adorable! Love this! Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Rose said...

cuteness!!! Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a fun card...