Saturday, December 28, 2013

Embracing trends



2014!!! Yikes that is so scary! Where did 2013 go? I mean here it is 2014 in just a few days and I am finally getting around to embracing the sequin trend. Sometimes it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks! 

I gotta tell you though, that the photo challenge this week at Just Us Girls just had sequins written all over it! 


Off to the store I went for a sequin fix. I tried not to go overboard, remembering the old adage that "less is more".

I hope you find my interpretation of the photo fun and will give the sequin trend a try if you haven't already.

See you all next year for another great JUG challenge.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've used just the right amount of sequins! Love your card! I need to embrace the trend of numbers-I have some dies, but they have not been used! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great interpretation of the inspiration photo! Love all of the swirls and sequins and those big numbers!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous inspired card -- love those dotted swirls and the mixture of sequins and stars! Happy New Year!

Lisa Kind said...

Love your card and the sequins were the perfect touch! They look like confetti that's been thrown to celebrate 2014! Happy New Year!

Marisa said...

Don't you love those PTI number dies! The swirls and gold and sequins are a fabulous backdrop! Great take on the challenge.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love that swirly background all the sequins! This has a real elegant look to it. Beautiful!

Nancy said...

I feel the same way about the sequins Sue...I laughed out loud when I read your post. I bought two packs and have yet to cut them open! Reminds me of when I was a kid! Your sequins are perfect and you picked the perfect card to display them on. Well done as always! Happy New year!