Sunday, November 9, 2014

Thankful



Sundays seem to be challenge day for me. I wake up and sit in front of the puter and go through all the challenges and see what inspires me and then I go to work. I am in a Thanksgiving mood and have been making quite a few to send out to those peeps I am thankful to have in my life.

This card was inspired by several challenges. First over at the Male Room (  a new challenge site I discovered and really like) we are asked to use wood in our design. Well, I used real wood on my card. The wheat sheafs (from Impression Obsession) were die cut from a thin piece of balsa wood and lightly sponged with khaki brown ink. What is more male than using real wood huh?


TIME OUT challenges has a photo inspiration and while it is somewhat Christmasy I thought the cream sofa and the wood crate coffee table was the perfect inspiration for my card. 


The Pink Elephant challenge also has a photo inspiration, I  hope you can see the elements that inspired me.

Lastly I am going out on a limb, but Shopping our Stash has a word theme of leaves. I know this is not a conventional leaf card, but those wheat sheafs are full of wheat leaves. I pulled out the balsa wood and the Tim Holtz Thanksgiving folder from the stash, dusted them off and used them for my card. Hey if you folks over at SOS think I am stretching it, I totally understand.

So wow weeee, one card, four challenges!

Thanks for taking a look and if you like what you see leave a comment- and hey if you don't like it don't leave a comment- I am very sensitive! :)


10 comments:

sandie said...

Wow Sue this is stunning, I can see how all,these challenges inspired you and the fact you you used real wood is just perfect. Your card is so full of texture I want to touch it! So pleased you joined us at TIME OUT x

Jacqueline said...

I love this - it's beautiful. Thanks for joining us in TMR this week - Jacqueline xx

Kelly Latevola said...

Love this! The wood with the white on white looks gorgeous!!

Chana Malkah said...

Powerful interpretation of both inspiration piece. I love the bold embossing! Thanks for sharing with us here at Shopping Our Stash.
Hugz,
Chana, SOS, DT

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Your card is stunning! I love how simple it is and how the wood wheat is a beautiful focus point. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
Tina dt

Lindsey said...

Stunning!!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Sue! Thank you so much for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Leaf Me Alone" challenge!

Jill V said...

Love this card - the background is beautiful and the wooden leaves are perfect! Definitely inspires me to get some balsa wood!

Deborah Frings said...

Stunning! I love the deeply embossed background and the wonderful wood wheat stalks! Love it. Sorry to be so late commenting, thanks for playing along with The Male Room!

Lynn said...

Oh this embossed background on this is fabulous Sue! Love the grain too! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.