Sunday, March 4, 2018

Yellow splendor


Gosh!! I am having the best weekend!! I just finished a HUGE project for school and decided I am taking this weekend off until the next big project is due. I watched videos, read blogs, perused Pinterest and caught up on the latest trends. The coolest thing I saw was the new wreath building kit from Gina K. It is so popular, it is sold out everywhere. I watched a few videos but Jennifer Maguire had the best video on the versatility of this product. I watched it a few times and I thought I think I can make the wreath builder stencil myself. 

I pulled out some acetate and created my own stencil. I am sure it is not perfect like the one I am waited listed for, but it worked for me!! 


 I made three sizes, 4X4, 3 3/4X3 3/4 and an added size of 3 1/2X3 /1/2. 

My card today was inspired by the monochromatic challenge at Less is More. I used my homemade wreath builder stencil and an old Avery Elle stamp set- "blossoms and blooms". 



I chose yellow for my color because I am so in the need of sunshine and springtime. I CASED Jennifer Maguire with the layout. This card made smile! 



Head over to Less is More and check out what everyone did. There are some very cool cards.

Got to get back to making more wreaths!! It is addicting!!



2 comments:

Nonni said...

I know what you mean being in need of spring and sunshine! Your card is lovely, I love all the yellow and the style of the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Neets B said...

Loving that gorgeous warm shade of yellow, and a really pretty design too.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x